Uploading music to Spotify is easy if you have an account with them. It’s slightly more complicated if not, but it’s still possible.
How do I get my music on Spotify?
Spotify has two ways of getting your music onto their service: uploading and streaming. Both are free and both require different methods.
Uploading your music to Spotify can be done in one of three ways:
Upload your own music files to Spotify using the web interface or desktop client software. This requires that you already have songs stored somewhere else (like iTunes).
Use Spotify Connect. With this method, you connect your computer to your phone via Bluetooth or USB cable and then use Spotify Connect to transfer your music from your device to Spotify.
Use Spotify Web API. You can also upload your music directly through Spotify’s website by adding your music file(s) to your account and clicking “Add Files” at the bottom of the page.
If you want to stream your music instead of just listening to it, you need to create a playlist first.
How do I add my music to Spotify?
Click “My Music” to add your music to Spotify. Then click “Playlists.” From there, you’ll see all of your playlists. Click “+ Create New Playlist,” give it a name, and hit Save.
- Now you’re ready to start uploading!
- Open up Spotify on your computer.
- Locate the folder where you saved your music.
- Select the folder containing your music.
- On the right-hand side of the window, click “Share.”
- A pop-up will appear asking for permission to share your music. Click OK.
- Your Spotify account email address should be entered in the box below.
- Click “Send invitation link.”
- When the invite arrives, click the link.
- Your Spotify music library should now be visible.
- Adding songs to your playlist is as simple as dragging and dropping.
- Once you’re finished, click “Save.”
- Your new playlist will show up under “Your Library.”
- Repeat steps 1-11 for any other playlists you’d like to add your music to.
- Now when you open Spotify, all of your music should be available.
If you love to listen to music online, Spotify is a great way to do so without paying for every song you download.
If you want to listen to music on your computer, you just need to set aside some kind of storage space for it. You can either buy a hard drive or back up your music.